Vintage 1946 SONORA AM RADIO RESTO-MOD PROJECT
New Dial Scale:
The new Dial scale that I ordered came in! They look fantastic! BUT… it was made with the wrong thickness of Acrylic! It was put on 1/4″ Acrylic instead of 1/8″! So I now have to deal with the place to see if I can get them remade on the proper thickness of material. Stay tuned! 🙂
I thought for a moment that I was going to have to blast a lot of bad words out about the company that made the dial scale. They told me that I was going to have to pay again to get the dial scale that I originally ordered! But they changed their mind fairly quickly after one phone call. Hopefully it will be here soon.
In the mean time, I have started to design the framework that will hold the dial scale. The rules that I had placed on myself with the design was that the frame would have to utilize the original mounting holes, look nice, and resemble the original at least a little bit. I will be using some scrap Honduran Mahogany that I have left over from some previous projects to do this. I will detail the design with some photos on another page once I get that part of the project completed. I am going to have to move some things around in the garage to get to my router table before I can get down to the details on this one anyway! 😉 More to come! 🙂